Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and/or purchase something. If you would like more information you can check out my disclosure policy located in the "ABOUT" tab.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award! I am so beyond humbled and excited! Not only was I nominated, but I was nominated twice, by two incredible bloggers! I’m so unbelievably gracious for this recognition from fellow bloggers, and so happy to be a part of this wonderful blogging community! It truly means so much, and gives me motivation to keep pushing along in this journey where I’m literally learning as I go!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers, by other bloggers. The award is not only a way to be discovered but to connect and support other bloggers and the blogging community. The awards have been being given out since 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I want to start by thanking Alyssa, from Miss Reminisce, for nominating me for this award! It is truly an honor, and I am so humbled that you thought of me when picking your nominees! I just started my blog in December, so to start this year off with this nomination is truly incredible! If you haven’t yet checked out Alyssa’s blog at missreminisce.com, you are missing out! Her blog is dedicated to remembering the 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000’s! So, if you grew up during that time period, you are SURE to love her site! Alyssa’s writing style and topics she shares are super fun and always has you saying, “Oh my gosh! I remember that!” Be sure to check her out, especially if you’d like to have some fun blasts from the past!
Not even 24 hours after my nomination from Alyssa, I was nominated once again by Kaylen from The Sleepy Latte. Kaylen, thank you so much for not only thinking of me when making your nomination choices, but for choosing to nominate me. It’s such a humbling experience being recognized by fellow bloggers, and I truly appreciate it! If you haven’t stopped by Kaylen’s blog at thesleepylatte.com – you need to! Her sight is full of motivation, inspiration, and helpful insights on goal planning, bullet journaling, and health and wellness through her experiences.
My Favorite Blog
My favorite blog is This Mama Learns. The wonderful woman behind this amazing blog is Catherine Oneissy. She is full of knowledge, a bright light of encouragement, and has a profound passion for what she does. Her blog is dedicated to helping you make an income from home, online, and freeing yourself from your 9-5 grind. She shares awesome insights, tutorials, courses, tips, and tools to help you succeed! In my very first days of starting to create and build my blog, her website, free e-mail courses, and Catherine herself, were HUGE supports for me! She is the absolute sweetest, and I can never thank her enough for the support and encouragement she gave me! Her site is jam packed with tons and tons of invaluable information! I continue to read her posts, and pin even more, to read later because I don’t want to miss anything! If you haven’t checked out her blog, especially if you’re a blogger yourself, you are missing out! There is so much to be learned from her!
10 Random Facts About Me
- When I was growing up I attended four different Elementary Schools due to my family and I moving.
- I have hitchhikers thumbs.
- I could live off of chocolate.
- I met my husband when I was 16 years old, and we’ve been together for 11 years, married for 4.
- My husband and I named our dog after our favorite drink we enjoy together… Jack Daniels.
- I live in comfy clothes. I really dislike having to get dressed up and ready to go out. – Even though I LOVE shopping for cute clothes 🤦🏻♀️ (the irony😂)
- I refuse to watch horror movies. I just can’t. I’m too much of a baby. I do not like being scared.
- I have extremely poor eyesight. I got glasses when I was just 7 years old and now I wear contacts. Every year they get worse and worse.
- I love everything and anything to do with crafting and designing.
- I’m due with my first baby in 2 ½ weeks! AHHH!
Q&A’s for my Nomination from Alyssa at Miss Reminisce:
- What is your biggest fear? .. well this could get deep haha so I think I’d say my extreme fear of spiders! I have ridiculous arachnophobia.
- What is one thing you miss most about being a kid? Summer days running around outside playing tag or any other fun outdoor game!
- If you could trade jobs with one person for a day, who would it be? Joanna Gaines. I flipped a house with my husband a couple years ago and I LOVED it. I wish I could flip and design homes alongside my husband for a living. Maybe one day.💗
- Favorite thing about your blog? It’s mine. It was a really big accomplishment for me that I was actually able to build a website not knowing the first thing about it. I did it on my own and I love that.
- If you could only use one word to describe your blog, what would it be? Creative
- *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys? *NSYNC
- What is one new skill set you would love to learn more about? Interior Designing – I love it so much, and I do my best with it, but I’d really love to actually take official classes for it.
- What do you do to relax at the end of the day? Watch t.v. with my husband. And as weird or lame as it may sound, I look forward to it everyday.
- What is your favorite movie? That’s tough because there are seriously SO many to choose from, but I was asked this recently, so I will respond the same as I did before – I really love “My Best Friends Wedding.”
- What is the one thing that will forever be funny to you? Probably the t.v. show FRIENDS. I have honestly probably watched the entire series over 10 times, but I still enjoy it and laugh out loud every time!
Q&A’s for my Nomination from Kaylen at The Sleepy Latte:
- Where would you like to live if there was nothing holding you back? Maui, Hawaii. It’s so beautiful, and it always has perfect weather. If it’s rainy, you just go to the other side of the island and it isn’t rainy! My sister lives there with her fiancé. So jealous!
- If you had to listen to one song forever, what would it be? Oh man. I don’t think I can choose only one song forever. I love music way to much. But I will say I really love love songs, and right now I’m really loving “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran. – and a classic one I love is “Your Song” by Elton John
- Why do you blog and what’s been your biggest challenge so far? I blog for a creative outlet for my love of home décor and all things DIY and crafty. The reason I started though, and continue to work hard at it, is to try and make an income through it. I’d love to be able to make an income while being a SAHM. My biggest challenge so far was setting up the website! I am not tech savvy AT ALL and it was quite the struggle, to say the very least. My page still doesn’t look how I would ultimately like it too, but for right now it’s working, and that makes me happy!
- What makes you feel best about yourself? When I work really hard at something and am recognized in some way for it – that makes me feel pretty darn good. Like right now! Being nominated for this award. Pretty awesome!
- Do you have a favorite meal that can make everything a little better? What is it? My favorite meal is pasta. Any kind of noodles can always make me feel better!
- What has been your biggest success, so far, with your blog? Hmm… my biggest success – well I have a few – which may seem like very small successes to some, but for me, they were HUGE! Making my first $1.00 with Google, making my first sale with Amazon, being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and twice for the Liebster Award!
- You’ve had an awful day. How do you get back on track? Honestly by taking a step back and just relaxing. Anytime I continue on with what I’m trying to do after being beaten down, it only gets worse. I need to completely stop, relax, clear my mind, do something I enjoy, and attack it the next day with a clear mind.
- What’s your favorite book? Do you re-read it from time to time? Ahh…I am totally not a reader. I don’t have a favorite book. 😕
- Have you taken all of your Christmas/holiday decorations down? Inside – heck yes! They were all taken down the day after Christmas! I was antsy to decorate with wintery things not related to Christmas. Outside – no. My husband is the one who takes down the lights and it’s freezing here in IL. But the past few days have actually been really nice, so maybe this weekend my husband will have a chance to take down the lights?
- What’s your personal mantra? “Let It Be” – first off, because I love that Beatles song! Second, I feel that phrase holds such purpose. It literally can fit into any aspect/situation in life you may be going through. It’s hard, and most of the time not easy, but that constant reminder helps to keep me content and happy, always.
My Nominees Are:
Emily – Hello Charming Home
Heidi – A Simple House
Cassondra & Arthur – Bath Tub Rings & Artsy Things
Kendra – Farmhouse of Three
Mollie – The Sassy Southern
Questions for my Nominees:
- What made you start your blog?
- What are some small things that make your day better?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What t.v. shows are you most into, if any?
- What age do you wish you could permanently be?
- How different was your life one year ago?
- What’s the best way to start your day?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What personality trait do you value most? Why?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Then provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- Head over to https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018and leave a comment with your blog link
- Have fun exploring new blogs!